Phoenix Ankle Injury Attorney
Let Our Attorneys Help If You’ve Fractured Your Ankle at Work
A workers’ compensation claim for your ankle injury can help you pay for medical bills and cover a portion of your lost wages. Often, these claims require the assistance of a Phoenix workers’ compensation attorney who also has experience handling injury cases. The Phoenix ankle injury attorneys at Cruz & Associates have extensive experience in Arizona workers’ compensation law. If you’ve experienced a work-related accident, such as an ankle sprain or fracture, contact our Phoenix ankle injury lawyers to schedule a free initial consultation. Our firm has collected millions of dollars in awards, and we are fully bilingual to serve our Spanish-speaking clients.
How Our Phoenix Ankle Injury Attorneys Can Help
Our feet are made for walking – but, of course, that’s not all they do. We use our ankle joint and our feet every day, all day long. They help us move, flex, bend, kneel, and perform everyday tasks. Most of us can’t imagine life without the ability to perform these common actions.
Since we use our feet so often, it’s not surprising that they’re most prone to injury. Ankle problems are common sources of occupational injury and can occur in virtually any work environment. You may be more likely to sustain an ankle injury if you work in a labor-intensive position like waitressing or a job involving hefty lifting but they can happen in an office too.
Our ankles are some of the hardest working joints of our body. We use them all day, every day to walk, bend, sit, stand, and kneel. If your occupation led to or exacerbated a pre-existing ankle injury, you may be able to collect workers’ compensation benefits under Arizona law. At Cruz & Associates, our Phoenix ankle injury lawyers are committed to helping you understand your legal options following a workplace ankle injury.
Common Causes of Fractured Ankles
There a several ways a worker can sustain a sprained ankle. The Phoenix ankle injury attorneys at Cruz & Associates have 25 years of experience proving injuries such as these occurred because of a negligent employer. Whether it is improper training, faulty equipment, or hazardous work environments, our team of workers’ comp lawyers are here to help. Some of the most common causes of ankle injuries that we’ve seen include:
- Slipping on ice, water or a slippery surface
- Tripping over an uneven surface, stairs, or objects left in the walkway
- Falling down a flight of stairs or an escalator
- Being involved in an accident while driving a company car or running an errand for work
There are numerous other ways that someone can sustain a sprained ankle – these are only a few. If you’ve experienced an ankle injury at your job because of negligent employers or sub-par safety conditions, contact the team of Phoenix ankle injury attorneys at Cruz & Associates to see how we can help you.
Degrees of Ankle Sprains
There are 3 grades of ankle sprains:
- 1st degree – Mild injury, pain, and +/- swelling. Stretch of Anterior Talofibular Ligament (no macroscopic tear). Functionally intact.
- 2nd degree – Moderate injury with moderate-to-severe swelling. Partial Anterior Talofibular Ligament and Calcaneofibular Ligament macroscopic tears. Less functionally intact. Weight bearing is difficult due to moderate/extreme pain.
- 3rd degree – Severe injury and pain with diffuse swelling. Anterior Talofibular Ligament, Calcaneofibular Ligament, and Posterior Talofibular Ligament are all completely torn. Gross instability and near or complete loss of motion and function.
How Workers’ Compensation Can Help With Your Ankle Injury
This is where a workers’ compensation claim can be beneficial. If you sustain an ankle injury at work, tell your supervisor immediately. Explain what happened, when and where the accident occurred, and which symptoms you’re currently experiencing. If there are any witnesses, make sure you get their statements. This gives them the information they need to file a workers’ compensation claim on your behalf.