The scholarship is open to students who meet all of the following criteria:
1. Must reside in the Atlanta Metro or Phoenix area.
2. Must be enrolled in the 12th grade with sufficient credits to graduate in the Spring term of the award year.
3. Must be of Hispanic descent (defined as persons descended from Central America (excluding Belize), Cuba, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Puerto Rico, South America (excluding Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana) or other Spanish speaking countries.
4. Must be bilingual (Spanish/English).
5. Must have a Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher based on a 4.0 scale and submit an official transcript with the application (unofficial transcript may be uploaded, however official transcript must be mailed to our office before the deadline).
6. Must submit a complete and legible scholarship application.
7. Must submit a CV/Resume that lists extra-curricular activities including sports, clubs and community service work inside or outside of school, volunteer activities, leadership positions, jobs held, awards and accolades.
8. Student must submit a two letters of recommendation from persons unrelated to the applicant. At least one of the letters must come from a teacher, counselor or coach.
9. Must submit letter of acceptance to a higher education institution.
Application Checklist – If you choose to mail in, instead of using online application (on right)
• Official certified, high school transcript.
• Signed application – filled out completely and legibly.
• Original signed copy of Rules and Regulations
• Letter of acceptance to higher eduction institution, college or university.
• Original letters of recommendation.
• Resume or CV
Submitting: If you do not want to fill out the online application (on right):
All materials must be mailed by June 1st to:
Cruz & Associates Scholarship Fund
3025 Piedmont Road NE #200
Atlanta, GA, 30305